Thursday, May 29, 2008

Boot Camp...What Was I Thinking???!!!

I just got back from Boot Camp this afternoon for the Saturate intership at Healing Place Church. It was much more difficult than I expected. It was most definitely something to get us interns to realize that everything we do this summer won't be enjoyable and easy, but we're going to have to be ready at all times, be hot in the Louisiana sun, and be all out crazy and ready to serve no matter how we feel. It was a weekend filled with unexpected wake-up calls at 2 a.m., obstacle courses, and cleaning and making things perfect for those coming after us. It was a great challenge not only spiritually but also very physical. We had two great services about sacrifice and about the excuses we as Christians make about why God can't use us. It was very informative and convicting at times. I learned a lot about what it really means to sacrifice and that sacrifice isn't bad that all it is is giving up something you love for something you love more. I always thought of sacrifice as really bad, but it's actually beneficial to us. We also got to reach out to the Winbourne community by handing out chocolate and picking up trash. On top of all that, we had so much fun playing games and competing against one another. I still can't believe that my beloved orange team beat all the girls and GUYS teams in the OBSTACLE COURSE and all other areas. I'm so proud of us. I think almost dying during the obstace course was definitely worth it!!! :) Well, there is so much more I could say, but this is already really long. I can't wait to see y'all on Wednesday, and y'all keep serving it up for JESUS and SACRIFICING it up. Stick close to Jesus this summer and remember that when no one else is there for you then He is. I love y'all!!!

No comments: