Friday, August 3, 2007

Tennessee...

I'm in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. We have had so much fun. We went white water rafting with a guide named Tom. It was the most fun thing we've done the whole week. We went over level 4 repids! No one fell out which was a huge blessing, but we did go swimming in the water which was about 50 degrees....not really. It was freezing! Well, we also went horseback riding. God showed me somethiung really kool. I had this horse that wouldn't listen. I would turn the reigns and it would barely turn or wouldn't turn at all. It would always follow the horse in front of it. God just reminded that, that is how I act. He showed me that when He asks me to do something or to go in a certain direction, I always want to follow the people in front of me. I make excuses like she or he doesn't have to. God is like I don't care what they are doing. I have a different plan for you. It was really kool to see that I must frustrate God just the way the horse frustrated me. I think so often I get caught up in the "BIG" experiences like camp and stuff. I think back and just wonder why nothing really life changing happened at camp. God has been showing me that it isn't about the big experiences. It's about the liitle revelations like the horse that He gives me when I'm alone or just doing stuff in life. I always think that something is wrong with me if I don't have huge experiences when I'm "supposed" to. I think God is more concerned with the little things that happen than how much you read in His Word and how you worship. He is so much more concerned with our heart than how we accomplish our checklist. I hope that makes sense. I get so caught up in the the stuff sometimes that I miss what God has for me and how much He loves me. I'm tired of trying to do everyhitng perfect because it's impossible. I want to just follow what God wants me to do and do it my very best. That is my prayer. I need stop thinking God is human and thinking He holds grudges like we do and acts like our parentrs and other people. God is God, not human! This is just somehting I've been thinking about.

1 comment:

Jason Guidry said...

Don't drown. I'm just saying.