Thursday, August 30, 2007

This is my Life

Well it's been over a week since I've posted. I'm sorry about that. So, I've been a little busy. I had school this week of course and a volleyball game against Lutcher. They killed us in all 3 matches, but we're working hard to improve. We work entirely to hard to lose the way we did on Tuesday. I'm also so excited I got to go to Refuge last night after practice, and I get to go to Closer tonight. I did have a God thing happen this week which made this week, the way I see it, a win for the Kingdom. On Tuesday night I got to witness to a good friend on my volleyball team. I always talk about church and my friends from church and so I'm sure they know I'm a Christian or they would call me "religious." I started out by inviting her to Refuge and she said my mom really wants me to go and be a religious person.Then I began to tell her that we're not religious. I said God is more focussed on you heart than on all the traditions your used to. I told her we have a great band at Refuge and I have friends I wouldn't give up for anything. I also mentioned something about being saved and she had no clue what I was talking about. I said being saved is receiving Jesus into your heart and you are; therefore, saved from hell. I tried to make sure I made it a point to say it's what I believe but that it's what's true. It was hard to get that across. I know I didn't word everything correctly and didn't use the Scripture I should have, but I do that what I did say God will use and I planted seeds in this girl's heart whether I know it or she realizes it. Well, I really ave to go to school now. I'll see y'all soon!