Friday, June 15, 2007

Confidence in Focus

Today we had Equip. It was really good, but one thing that totally smoked me was being confident in who I am in Christ. It seems as if the root of all spiritual growth is confidence in who you are in Christ. I struggle with that greatly. Last night I read a devotional about spiritual growth. It said that you have to know who you are in Christ or every time you fall the devil will make you doubt your salvation. That was really cool. I never have known why I go through doubt until last night. I now know the root of the problem. It said you have to see yourself like God sees you. That has definitely been my prayer. Today I read about humility. Again, it said the key to being humble without thinking less of yourself is to know who you are in Christ. Do you see a common denominator?(The math lingo is for Jake.lol) God is really trying to tell me that I need to get that together. I started doing a "study" on my identity in Christ. It's really cool. It's all about Paul's life. I hoping this will help me see myself in a new light. I will see some of you at the outreach tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jason Guidry said...

Actually, Jake's math equation made perfect sense.

And it's not that I don't attend outreaches...I just can't attend the one tomorrow.

-Jason

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

What math equation are you talking about? sure.

Jake said...

Oh hes talking about last night at closer how he was only 40% good at math. That is an awesome revelation you had you really smoked the devil there, that was one thing we talked about last night. Whenever you have a problem like that find, and take it out by the roots otherwise it would just grow back and i believe you wont have anymore problems with this. Praise God for the victory!

"But when the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, it roams through dry [arid] places in search of rest, but it does not find any."
"Then it says, I will go back to my house from which I came out. And when it arrives, it finds the place unoccupied, swept, put in order, and decorated."Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and make their home there. And the last condition of that man becomes worse than the first. So also shall it be with this wicked generation". Matthew 12:43-45

And i know you have that "unoccupied" space occupied with Jesus so that demon is gone and gone forever! sorry for the long comment, see you tomorrow.

-Jake