Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Refuge ADD Style

Tonight Jason couldn't even concentrate because of the weather, but it was still awesome. He talked briefly about Jeremiah 2. He said that God is the only thing that will satisfy us. That is amazingly true. I've tried to get acceptance from people before. That didn't work. Several weeks or months ago God told me He was the only one who could make me happy and truly accept me. It's very hard to not try to fill a void in your heart by trying to get people to accept you or a guy to like you. Every once in a while God likes to remind me that nothing can satisfy me but Him. Then Jason asked if anyone had something to share. Several people came and spoke. Paul Musso said something amazing about how we shouldn't let guys, or in his case girls, get in the way of God doing something in our lives. That is something that I think we all struggle with. Just tonight I couldn't pat attention because my friend wasn't there. It was awesome that what Paul said was exactly what Jason talked about. You know the whole thing about God can only satisfy us. That is for those of us who might not of understood the relation. Lets face it girls, guys won't satisfy our cravings for acceptance, even though sometimes it seems like if we could get that one guy's attention we would be happy. By the way, today this guy tried to talk to me at the pool. I freaked out! I kept walking very fast to go sit with my family. I really don't like when guys that I don't know talk or look at me. He probably thought I was crazy. Anyway, at Refuge this other guy came and rapped. It was awesome. The ADD night turned out to be great. I am very much looking forward to Closer tomorrow. I think the spiritual warfare thing is really something I need to hear. I'm excited and I'll see you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jason Guidry said...

Wow, you were at Refuge last night and I didn't even see you. My bad.

Ready for the Nintendo Wii night at Closer? I'm good a video games...just not the Wii :(

-Jason

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

I'm horrible at the Wii. I might try to play. It should be easier than volleyball practice. Volleyball was very hard today. Jake couldn't believe what we do at practice. I talked to him about it last night. See you tonight.

Jesus is Lord said...

Alex,
Thanks for the info. on Refuge sounds like it was awesome to bad I can't go : ( . That message really touched. Because you and Tweez are right God is the only one who will satisfy us! Miss you!
-MAKAYLA