Sunday, June 17, 2007

Painting in Donaldsonville

Yesterday we went to Donaldsonville to paint at the new Donaldsonville Dream Center. It was so much fun. We had to pull staples out of the wall with forks before we began painting. Jake was the only one with the screwdriver. (1000 staples to 1 screwdriver)I spilled paint everywhere yesterday. I am like the messiest painter ever. Then me and Jake painted each other. That was the most interesting thing that happened all day. We had a great day. At the end we prayed individually and as a group for the people at the dream center. It was great getting to help some people out, have fun, eat pizza, and play hard. It was a great way to show God's love to a lost and poverty stricken community. I actually was in D' Ville today with my family so helping that community gives me hope that the dream center might one day do something to greatly impact my family and their beliefs. I hope we have many more outreaches like that to come. Outreaches is, for me, the coolest way to serve someone else. I guess it's like one of the things I love doing and have a passion for. I will see y'all soon.

4 comments:

Jake said...

Yesterday was really cool, thats so awesome you have a passion for outreaches. I believe that if every Christian shared the same passion this world would a much better place.

-Jake

Jesus is Lord said...

Alex,
That sounds like a load of fun! Glad that your injoying the outreaches! When you get the time e-mail me back thanks!
-MAKAYLA

Misty said...

besides spending about an hour pulling staples out of walls yesterday was awesome. **it made me happy** haha

Jake said...

Hey i enjoyed the staples, other than the stabbing a impaling part it was great.