Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Remix

Tyler Tullos spoke tonight about thinking your story of salvation and road with Christ is boring. It reminded a lot of how I feel about my own life. I got saved on a trampoline when I was 4 years old. I have gone to church all my life. I have thought several times, Who would want to hear my story? Don't get me wrong I have my struggles and trials. Lately, my life as a Christian has gotten more "exciting". I've had more challenges and trials and my life has definitely changed since going to Refuge. Anyway, for the most part I'm just an ordinary girl who has a relationship with God. It really got me thinking about the excuses I make up so God won't use me. Not only that my story isn't exciting but that I'm not good enough or my personality isn't perfect. God told me tonight to quit making excuses and just relax and let Him use me. It was crazy emotional. I really wanted God to touch me tonight and help me through my doubt. God just said I care about you and love you and I want the best for you. I feel like even when I feel like no one else is there or understands, God really does. It was refreshing to be reminded of how much God cares for me and how He has a plan for me. He told me He can use me the way I am. I don't need to change, I can come how I am. The Remix thing comes into play when I asked God to remix my thoughts and make His thoughts about me my thoughts. The only other thing I could have asked for is for someone to pray for me and talk to me. God was there again. Nick just put his hand on me. It showed me he was there even when God was dealing with me and I was a mess. Then two girls came and told me they were there for me and would pray for me. I couldn't have asked for anything more. It was an incredible and emotional night. I just want to give a shout out to my three supporters, Thank you so much! God, I just want to thank you too for reminding me how much You care and that you can use me however I am. I'll see the Closer people tomorrow.

6 comments:

Jason Guidry said...

I look at it like this: If God can use a donkey, He can surely use me.

Not saying I'm a donkey.
-Jason

Jesus is Lord said...

Alex,
man I wish I was there with you sounds like it was awesome. Thats so awesome how you just said to your self let God control my life without me making excuses. Oh and it sounds like your getting close to you know who! How is your relationship with him going oh thanks for witing about Refuge because I leave for Neb. tomorrow. I would really like if you could write down the messages for me and kee me posted on wants going on at Refuge! Also again I would really like it if you posted the messages about Refuge because in Neb. my family in Catholic. So, I don't get the spirt of God over there as much as I get it over here for sure! Thanks again ! Talk to you later!
makayla

Jesus is Lord said...

Oh yah Alex on Jason 's blog I was the anonymous person!
lololololololololololololololololol
lololololololololololololololololol
-makayla

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

We're just friends. Nothing is going anywhere. I hope you'll have a safe trip. I'll be praying for you'll. Thanks for being there when I think no one else cares or understands. You're a great friend! See ya when you get back.

Jason Guidry said...

Computer talk? Those were notes for me and the leaders lol. Blake and Tori weren't supposed to announce the new website yet. It wasn't ready, so last night I had to remove all of the notes. You must've seen it before I fixed it.

However, if you're interested in being the "English Advisor" I'd be honored to have you make it more exciting.

-Jason

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

Jason, you didn't take any of the "computer talk" off the website. What's with that. You need to get it together.lol What have you been up to? I'm so bored!