Saturday, May 5, 2007

Faith

So often I feel I'm so strong in my faith. Then it seems like minutes later the devil is like are you sure you really believe Jesus is here and can really help you, does He really love you? Then I think of course I'm sure. It seems like we quickly forget what Jesus has brought us through and how real He has been in our lives. It's so crazy. He is so real to me, but the devil still tries to convince of these crazy ideas. The devil also tries to tell me I'm going to give into temptation and won't be able to stand my ground, but yet I know I do not think I could ever let myself do those things. God also ALWAYS gives us a way out of temptation and will not put you through something you can't handle. That is such a great thing! I feel the more God is real in my life the harder it gets. The last few months have been awesome, scary, and difficult. Not to mention emotional. I have grown more spiritually these last few months than ever before. Every time I start to get comfortable, God rocks my world. It is awesome but very tiring. I could never get through without God giving me strength. He always seems to have it under control even when I'm so scared and worried. He always takes care of everything, the scary, the silly, the big, and the little. I don't kow if I'm the only one who goes throught things like this, I'm sure plenty of people go through it, but just don't talk about it. Anyway, no matter who goes through these types of things, God is always my Hiding place, Strength, and my Refuge. Just to let you'll know, I 'm new to Refuge and just wanted to tell you'll I have met some really nice people and it has been easy to get involved. You'll really have a welcoming enviroment. I have been enjoying coming, and I hope I continue to meet more people. To all you'll Refuge people, you are doing a good job of reaching out to new people and to the community. See ya Wednesday.

1 comment:

tori ohlerking said...

wow, alex!

this post and last post (and all of your posts) have been awesome! it's kinda crazy how we both posted about the same stuff on wednesday. and i completely know what you were talking about in this post...you feel like you're on top and then the devil brings up questions and new struggles- but these struggles are really the only thing that will show us how much we need a Savior.


you've got great thoughts, alex!!
i'm so glad you got a blog. haha. :)
love you.
-tori