Saturday, May 12, 2007

There Will be Disappointments

Today I got my leap scores back. They weren't bad, but they weren't as good as I would of liked. Before I opened them, I prayed and told God that I knew that the scores were part of His will. But even knowing that, when I opened them, I wasn't satisfied. I do well in school so if I didn't do well, I started to think of how others might have done. Then I started thinking, what if someone in my class did better than I did. I know I'm going to be upset. I really need to pray about it and tell God that I know there is a reason why I performed this way. It really bothers me because I am disappointed in myself, and this helps decide the classes I will be able to take next year. In the big scheme of things this isn't that big of a deal but right now it seems pretty bad. At church I didn't feel like doing much but I tried not to think about it. That is very difficult. I think it is going to take time for me to accept this. I know this definitely happened for a reason because it determines a lot for next year. I just can't seem to see the big picture, but I know God does. It's all in His hands. Thank goodness it's not in mine. This experience really humbles me because sometimes I get prideful about my academic achievements.

No comments: