Friday, May 18, 2007

Thankfulness

We talked about thankfulness last night at Closer. It was really good. We read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-19. It basically says be happy, pray continuously, give thanks in everything, and don't put out the Spirit's fire. I think that should be out prayer everyday. That kind of sums everything in 2 verses. We read Philippians 4:6-7. That verse tells us not to worry but to pray.I also learned something new. Tori said not to dwell on our worries after giving them to God, which makes since, but usually after I pray I still dwell on my circumstances. That is something I personally need to work on. We talked about focusing on others rather than ourselves so we're not thinking about what we don't have. I always feel like I get the good end anyway when I get to serve others, most of the time.We miss blessings and opportunities when we're thinking about ourselves. We also need to forgive ourselves.Romans 8:1 tells us there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. I also realized that God can use me even on days I majorly mess up because it's not about me, it's about Him and He's always perfect. I'm just His vessel. Thankfulness is an attitude. You choose to be thankful, you don't just walk into it. It is also a habit. When we have nothing to be thankful for, we still do, we have Jesus to be thankful for. God cares about every aspect our our lives. That is important to remember. Romans 8:38-39 tells us nothing can seperate us from God's love. Psalm 92 is completely awesome. I have to agree with Tori that verse 5 and 6 are my favorites too. It says," How great are your works, O Lord, how profound are your thoughts! The senseless man does not know, fools do not understand,... I encourage you to read the whole chapter. I don't think it's as long as my post, which is extremely long. Something really cool happened today. I was looking up some verses for a guy in my class and the first one I turned to was so for me. I was looking up verses from my notes from Refuge a couple of weeks ago. I worry a lot, those who know anything about me know that. The verse was about worrying. It was so cool. It was exactly what I needed to hear even though I had finished working on what I was worried about. Anyway, The verse is Isaiah 26:3. It says," You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." I thought it was so awesome. See you'll Wednesday!

No comments: