Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Refuge was Totally Cool!

All right, I went to Refuge tonight and some pretty crazy things happened. I had received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit about a month or two ago. I hadn't ever really spoke in tongues. The night I received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit I could feel the Holy Spirit and kind of just muttered(if that makes since) something. Anyway, I haven't really spoke in tongues until tonight. I just let go and began speaking in tongues. And even as Tweez spoke I almost couldn't stop. It was crazy cool. My parents have pretty much gone to Baptist church for the last like 15 years.FYI( Baptists, in general, don't speak in tongues.) So talking to them about it is crazy. They haven't experienced this yet, so they can't relate very well. Then on top of all that when my parents, mostly my dad, picked me up they made comments about the music people were listening to and whatever else. That made me so upset. I try to explain that I have grown so much spiritually since attending Refuge. I feel like they can't relate; they're so traditional. I told my dad he needs to try to understand and even suggesting they come and see for themselves next week. I don't understand how Christian parents can be skeptical about church. It just isn't like it used to be, I guess. Has anyone else been through something like this? I don't understand why I have to go through this. I mean it's church. I think it's just because they were Baptist and like things traditional.

4 comments:

tori ohlerking said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tori ohlerking said...

gosh, that sounds pretty tough... i think it was a great idea to invite your parents to refuge! and if that doesn't work out...maybe you should have them talk to pastor jason. he may be able to help them understand a little bit better.

also..some people who i know are going through/have gone through this same sort of thing are sarah andry and misty farmer. (both are linked on my blog). maybe you should talk to them about it, too.

...
and seriously, pray! God really will help you through this. He's obviously getting a hold of you and i promise that He won't leave you hanging with a problem. just cling to Him- maybe He's testing you in this.

phil. 4:6..."don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done. then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

sorry for such a long comment.

love you, girl.
you're amazing!
-tori

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

Thank you so much! I'm going to continue to pray about this one. See ya next week.

leah said...

girl, i can completely relate.
well, my mom and stepdad were all for me at refuge, in fact they forced me to go for 2 years until i actually wanted to myself, hahah. but my dad thinks that me, and HPC are a little cookoo.

He just doesnt really understand or get it, and we just have to pray and look for assurance in Christ and pray that their heart will soften. maybe if your parents came to a service it might help, and they must see the change in your life, huh?! they cant deny that!

you are awesome, you should hang out with us on monday nights sometime!

-leaj